Re: Does anybody have anecdotal experience of running 3 OSes (Free/Net/O

From: John Paul Morrison
Subject: Re: Does anybody have anecdotal experience of running 3 OSes (Free/Net/OpenBSD) and share data between them?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 10:27:44 -0800

Are the guests running at the same time? If they support virtiofs you could share a host folder.

-fsdev local,id=fsdev0,path="${PUBLIC}",security_model=mapped-xattr
-device virtio-9p-pci,fsdev=fsdev0,mount_tag="${PUBLIC_TAG}"

guest
mount -t 9p  ${PUBLIC_TAG}  /mnt

I don't know if 9p handles locking - the host could export NFS if that's a concern.

If you simply need a common filesystem then ZFS is available for Linux and BSD.

For low level partition sharing there's iscsi/nbd, and qemu has iscsi as well - in case you're doing HA/clustering.