Re: Cisco Switch Errors

From: Frantisek Rysanek
Subject: Re: Cisco Switch Errors
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 17:49:09 +0200

> On 18/04/2020 17:25, Randy Wheaton wrote:
> > Good Morning,
> >
> > We have 5 servers running Centos7 QEMU and we are relocating them to a
> > new Data Center and we're getting error disabled on the Cisco Fex
> > ports when we turn up the port. Is there any support you could provide
> > on what our configuration should be to get the servers up and running
> > with an A side and B Side configuration so if lose one network path
> > the other will take over.
> >
> > We don't have anyone left in the company that knows how this was
> > configured but any help connecting to  Cisco FEX 2k switches would be
> > great.
> >

> > Thanks for your help.

It would help if you could provide more details:

1) a precisely quoted error message from the Cisco syslog / error
log. A quick Google search is telling me, that the "error disabled"
messages tend to contain a particular reason of the failure

2) a snippet of Cisco config for the respective network port. Such
as, do a "show running" and copy+paste just the respective interface
section.

And some details about the network topology would help too.
"Side A and B" is not very informative.

Do I understand correctly, that the FEX is configured by the
datacenter operator or a MAN telco/ISP, and they give you the access
ports as a "service handover interface" ? If that's the case, it
would be *their* job to explain to you what's wrong...

= to me it sounds like we don't have enough technical information :-)

And the problem doesn't seem to have much in common with QEMU, unless
it's really something to do with MAC address learning / access
control for the VM guests...

Frank Rysanek