[Qemu-discuss] valgrind and qemu

From: Fatih Erol
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] valgrind and qemu
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:07:16 +0100

Hi,

In order to test for memory leaks and all, we want to 'valgrind' our embedded system based on Keil RL-RTX on ARM Cortex M. What would be the best way to do this?

I am guessing the image generation tools will work for creating the OS kernel image for qemu. Afterwards, is there a way to valgrind the OS code?

I have seen you can valgrind QEMU itself, but will it be OK to valgrind QEMU loading an OS for ARM to find out OS's memory leaks, uninitialized variables and such?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fatih