[Qemu-discuss] MIPS big endian n32 and 64 ABI system emulation status

From: George Yunaev
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] MIPS big endian n32 and 64 ABI system emulation status
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:44:34 -0800

Hello everyone,

I'd like to check the current status of MIPS emulation. So far I failed to compile the system (with buildroot) which would use big endian MIPS N32 or 64 ABI and which would be emulated with qemu. The kernel always loads fine, but then ends with "Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00001000" because the init binary cannot be executed.

Replacing init with statically linked "hello world" works (it gets executed), but replacing it with dynamically linked "hello world" does not (results in errors such as /sbin/init:609: can't map '/lib/libgcc_s.so.1' - the library exists and is in proper format).

Was anyone succeed in creating the MIPS big endian Linux system which could run MIPS64r2 N32 and/or 64 ABI binaries and emulated successfully under qemu 1.6.1?

--
With best regards, George.
http://www.ulduzsoft.com