qemu-devel

Re: Serious doubts about Gitlab CI

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: Serious doubts about Gitlab CI
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 06:34:18 +0100

On 18/03/2021 11.28, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
On 3/18/21 10:50 AM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
On 3/18/21 10:33 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
[...]
It feels like what you hit here is fallout from your account accidentally
getting blocked, rather than something which is hitting every contributor
to QEMU. Did they restore projects as private perhaps ?

Yes my repository was restored as private and I had to switch it to
public. I'll try to blew everything (after backing it up) and recreate
it as public from start, and see if I get the unlimited minutes back.

You were right, I forked the project again as public and can run CI
pipelines. I note this is different that my previous account, I am
restricted at 15 jobs at a time, so this is slower.

That's not related to your new account. It's a new behaviour that gitlab introduced for everybody using the shared runners recently. At least it's happening for me, too. I sometimes even only get 5 jobs running at the same time, but sometimes also more, I think ... it likely depends on the day and the amount of free runners.

Anyway, I think we should try to somehow decrease the amount of shared-runner jobs in our CI again. It's grown too big. Some long-running jobs should maybe be moved to a dedicated runner instead... Cleber, where are we with the custom runners? Any news here?

 Thomas