qemu-devel

Re: does make check now require TCG? Or is it a parallelism issue?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: does make check now require TCG? Or is it a parallelism issue?
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 13:13:33 +0100

On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 at 12:51, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 09/10/20 12:28, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> > Running test qtest-x86_64: qos-test
> > ERROR qtest-x86_64: bios-tables-test - too few tests run (expected 23, got
> > 22)
> > make: *** [Makefile.mtest:1326: run-test-187] Error 1
> > make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> >
> > What am I missing here?
>
> This is something else that is crashing.

It would be great if we could improve the error reporting for
this kind of failure, incidentally. I fairly often get
intermittents where there is nothing useful in the log
files, just one of these "too few tests run" lines (and
perhaps somewhere miles back up in the build output
interleaved with that from the other tests being run
in parallel with the one that fell over, there might
be more information, but it's basically unfindable).

thanks
-- PMM