qemu-devel

Re: does make check now require TCG? Or is it a parallelism issue?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: does make check now require TCG? Or is it a parallelism issue?
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 20:24:45 +0200

Il gio 8 ott 2020, 20:05 Richard Henderson <richard.henderson@linaro.org> ha scritto:
Ah, TARGET_DIRS isn't being pruned anymore when a target is disabled for lack
of accelerator.

Paolo, side effect of 8a19980e3f ("configure: move accelerator logic to
meson")?  I guess we should move the setting of TARGET_DIRS to meson as well.

TARGET_DIRS is pruned by Meson, I didn't add any back propagation to make because it is not really needed; qemu-iotests only every uses the "host architecture" QEMU binary (see tests/qemu-iotests/common.config), check-block + --target-list has never worked.

check-tcg could use the pruned TARGET_DIRS, but it is of limited use anyway with --disable-tcg.

At this point it may make sense to establish which config-host.mak variables are available in the Makefile, because there's probably just a handful. I won't have much time in the next couple of weeks though.

Paolo

r~