qemu-devel

Re: Maintainers, please add Message-Id: when merging patches

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: Maintainers, please add Message-Id: when merging patches
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 13:28:31 +0100

Am 22.01.2020 um 13:02 hat Stefan Hajnoczi geschrieben:
> Around 66% of qemu.git commits since v4.1.0 include a Message-Id: tag.
> Hooray!

> This information is helpful to anyone wishing to refer back to email
> discussions and patch series.
>
> Please use git-am(1) -m/--message-id or set am.messageid in your
> git-config(1).

I've had -m in my scripts for a while (last time someone asked me to
make the change, I guess), but it wasn't effective, because my .muttrc
has 'set pipe_decode' enabled, which doesn't only decode the output, but
also throws away most headers.

I seem to remember that this was necessary at some point because
otherwise some mails just wouldn't apply. Maybe 'git am' works better
these days and can actually parse the mails that used to give me
problems. I'll give it a try and disable pipe_decode.

Kevin