qemu-devel

Re: [for-5.0 PATCH 00/11] Support for reverse debugging with GDB

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [for-5.0 PATCH 00/11] Support for reverse debugging with GDB
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 11:27:37 +0100

Am 13.01.2020 um 11:14 hat Peter Maydell geschrieben:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 10:07, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> > In MAINTAINERS, you are listed yourself as the maintainer for
> > record/replay. I wonder whether you shouldn't just be sending pull
> > requests after getting Acked-by or Reviewed-by from the maintainers of
> > other subsystems you touch.
>
> Ideally somebody else should be interested enough in record/replay
> to review patches. "I'm a subsystem maintainer and send pull
> requests" ideally shouldn't be something we give out just because
> patches aren't getting code review, though I know that it
> does sometimes degenerate into that...

I had the impression that he said he had collected (almost) all of the
necessary reviews, but nobody really seems to be interested to take the
series through their tree because no matter who you ask, the majority of
changes will always be for other subsystems.

And as record/replay is already listed as a separate subsystem in
MAINTAINERS, it seems to make sense to me that it also gets its own pull
requests rather than trying to get patches merged though the trees of
various subsystem maintainers who all aren't really responsible for it.

Kevin