qemu-devel

Re: [for-5.0 PATCH 00/11] Support for reverse debugging with GDB

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [for-5.0 PATCH 00/11] Support for reverse debugging with GDB
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 11:06:48 +0100

Am 13.01.2020 um 10:35 hat Pavel Dovgalyuk geschrieben:
> > From: Markus Armbruster [mailto:address@hidden]
> > Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > Am 09.01.2020 um 07:13 hat Pavel Dovgalyuk geschrieben:
> > >
> > > I think you have my Acked-by for the block-related patches in this
> > > series now. If I missed something, please let me know.
> >
> > Pavel, whom are you nudging to do what?
>
> I'm not sure.
> My prior patches for record/replay were pulled by Paolo.
> But reverse debugging is more like a modification of things,
> and not a completely new subsystem.

In MAINTAINERS, you are listed yourself as the maintainer for
record/replay. I wonder whether you shouldn't just be sending pull
requests after getting Acked-by or Reviewed-by from the maintainers of
other subsystems you touch.

> Everything but gdbstub was already acked by the maintainers.

The GDB stub seems to be maintained by Alex Bennée, so he is probably
the one you need to nudge to give at least an Acked-by.

Kevin