Re: Qemu support for mcimx6ul-evk machine

From: Pratik Parvati
Subject: Re: Qemu support for mcimx6ul-evk machine
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 16:13:05 +0530

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I have run the qemu command with dtb file

$ qemu-system-arm -M mcimx6ul-evk -m 512M -kernel output/images/zImage -monitor stdio -dtb output/images/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb

I am seeing a serial0 console popping up but there is no log on the console. I see something like this

serial0.png

There is no rootfs now So, I should at least see logs with a kernel panic at the end. I wonder why I am not seeing any linux boot logs on the console. Did I miss anything in the command?

Thanks & Regards,
Pratik

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 3:49 PM Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 at 05:12, Pratik Parvati <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Support team,

There is no 'support team' -- you're just talking to other
users and to developers on this mailing list :-)

> I am referring this article to replicate the same for mcimx6ul-evk. I ran the below command to boot Linux on my target machine
>
> $ qemu-system-arm -M mcimx6ul-evk -m 512M -kernel output/images/zImage -monitor stdio -drive file=output/images/rootfs.ext2,format=raw
>
> I don't see Linux booting on the serial0 console without any logs. can someone please help me how to resolve this? Or am I missing something here?

You haven't provided a dtb file to QEMU, which is
usually needed for the kernel to identify what
hardware it is running on and to find devices
like the serial port.

I also suspect that that -drive option is not doing
anything useful (you haven't specified what it plugs
into and I don't think the mcimx6ul-evk will assume
you meant an SD card image by default), but that
won't prevent initial boot so you can leave that
problem for later.

thanks
-- PMM