pspp-users

RE: New Windows installer for test and feedback

From: jhwhite
Subject: RE: New Windows installer for test and feedback
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:40:21 -0400

Hi John, What is the link to download the latest version of PSPP for
Windows? I tried the following link, but the folder was empty. You can
download it from https://gofile.io/d/S34RNe. Thank you and Take care, John
___________________________ Email: jhwhite@techwriteinc.com -----Original
Message----- From: Pspp-users On Behalf Of John Darrington Sent: Monday,
September 6, 2021 4:38 AM To: Matej Kovacic Cc: pspp-users@gnu.org Subject:
Re: New Windows installer for test and feedback On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at
09:49:21AM +0200, Matej Kovacic wrote: I think you should add a publisher
name and a product name in setup file of Windows application. It would still
ask if you trust the publisher, but it won't be written "Unknown Publisher",
but "PSPP project" or something. I know it is a small thing, but those are
things that are making better usability of the whole system. I'm not sure
how to do that but I will try to find out. It may well be that in order have
this show anything other than "Unknown Publisher" one has to pay $$$ to
Microsoft - depending on how many $ this is, it may not be a problem. But it
may well be the case that one has to agree to all sorts of unethical
promises - that is likely to be a showstopper. Thanks for the suggestion.
Scanned by McAfee and confirmed virus-free. Find out more here:
https://bit.ly/2zCJMrO