pspp-users

Re: experimental support for SPV files now available

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: experimental support for SPV files now available
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 11:46:59 -0600

On 11/27/2018 10:34 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
New .spo files do show up regularly at the converter webpage.  That's
how I collected most of my 3000+ .spv files, too.  (I'd have far more
.spo files if I hadn't inadvertently deleted most of them a few months
ago not recognizing the format.)

I take it that SPO and SPV files are very different? How "smart" are SPV files? I ask because I've had the experience of opening an SPV file in SPSS and SPSS seems to be composing the results (a table or a chart). I had the impression that it was re-running the analysis, but maybe that's a poor assumption. But I believe I've heard reports that when people with different licenses exchange SPV files, some results cannot be displayed (because a particular module is not available on the viewer's SPSS license). If so, I imagine there are limits on what PSPP can do to display some SPO files?

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

"You're an interesting species. An interesting mix.
You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such
horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off,
so alone, only you're not. See, in all our
searching, the only thing we've found that makes
the emptiness bearable, is each other."

-- Carl Sagan, Contact