pspp-users

Re: experimental support for SPV files now available

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: experimental support for SPV files now available
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 08:00:05 -0600

On 11/26/2018 10:58 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
When you say "images", do you mean charts?  SPV files can include .png
files and other kinds of images pasted in from elsewhere.  It would not
be difficult to support them but they are rare in practice (I only found
a few in my corpus) and I haven't done the work yet.  Charts, on the
other hand, are pretty common but also a lot of work and I haven't
really started on them at all yet.

Yes, I meant charts. They're probably the biggest bit of missing functionality (maybe there are other things I don't use)

This is really cool. I'll try the new conversion features later today.

Does this handle SPO files? I guess I can check... IIRC, there are old file formats that current SPSS users won't be able to view at all.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

"You're an interesting species. An interesting mix.
You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such
horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off,
so alone, only you're not. See, in all our
searching, the only thing we've found that makes
the emptiness bearable, is each other."

-- Carl Sagan, Contact