pspp-users

Re: 0.6.0 installation

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: 0.6.0 installation
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:34:23 -0400

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 02:10:37PM -0700, Sam Albers wrote:
> I am so close (I hope) to wrapping this up. I have installed all the
> additional package, gotten past the "configure", the "make", "make install",
> "make clean" stages. I am fairly sure that everything worked corrently. This
> is where the install guide ends and I left with a command that simply leaves
> me in the directory (address@hidden:~/pspp-0.6.0$ ). Ummm... What might you
> suggest I do now? Is it installed? How does one go about opening it then?
> I'm sure that this is ridiculously simple but one has to start somewhere.

If you ran make install successfully, you should be able to start the GUI
by typing 'psppire' at the command line. Or, if you just want to run syntax
from the command line, if the syntax file is stored in 'syntax.pspp', then
just type 'pspp syntax.pspp' and the output will be sent to a file called
'pspp.list'.

You also might have a desktop icon somewhere. If so, you can run PSPP by
double clicking on it.

-Jason