pspp-dev

Re: windows installers

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: windows installers
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 18:31:25 +0200

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 01:23:13PM -0300, Michel Boaventura wrote:

     I think most of Windows' users aren't technical at all. To be honest, I
think I've never met a Windows
     developer in my life. Usually when users have a good technical knowledge
they migrate to Linux.

I've been thinking for some time, that one of the biggest failures of PSPP (and
SPSS) is that it makes an artificial distinction between computer users and
computer developers.  As a result of this, PSPP has very few developers.

Compare this to (say) R which has many developers;  I think this is because they
realised long ago, that ALL computer users are programmers and ALL computer
programmers are users.

J'