po4a-dev

Re: [Po4a-dev] version 0.15.4-2

From: Denis Barbier
Subject: Re: [Po4a-dev] version 0.15.4-2
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:03:56 +0100

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 08:41:09AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> Hello Denis,
>
> I just received the cvs logs for your last changes. Those cleanup are quite
> impressive. I wouldn't say that po4a was so messy ;)
>
> Just one short remark, though. I was thinking about the following
> versionning schema:
>  change debian part when changes are limited to the debian/ directory
>  change patch version on bugfix and cleanups
>  change minor version on functionnality addition
>  change major version to 1 when I'm confident in the usability of the stuff,
>    or on major change (rewrite of some parts)
>
> Of course, this is not writen in stone, and I even didn't follow it myself
> in the past, but it would be better...
>
> So, if you don't mind, I would call this version 0.15.5

I do not mind at all, and agree with your versioning scheme.
When committing changes, I ran 'dch -i' and changed the distribution
to UNRELEASED.  When it is time, the uploader fixes it to unstable
and chooses the version number depending on what is written in the
changelog.  This is how we proceed with the debian-installer and it
works very well, we know exactly the status of each package without
having to ask packages.debian.org.

BTW French translated man pages are ill formatted, and I did not
investigate why.  It should be fixed before I upload this package.
I believe also that we should put translated docs under CVS control
in order to ease tracking down regression failures.

Denis