Re: [Phptest-users] Fwd: admin passwd with install script

From: alex . ganster
Subject: Re: [Phptest-users] Fwd: admin passwd with install script
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:35:20 +0100

Hello Caducus,

I've had the same problem using WinXP/Apache/PHP 4.3.1/MySQL, I solved
it by changing the 'include/cuser.inc.php'. When you use this file,
the passwords in the database are saved in plain text; this means you
have to change the admin password manually. However, this offers less
security, if someone gets access to your database, he can read all
passwords with little effort.

Another thing you have to do is setting 'register_globals' in your
php.ini to on. At least on my testserver these steps lead to success.