[Phptest-users] misc. changes to 0.6.2

From: John Lacey
Subject: [Phptest-users] misc. changes to 0.6.2
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:28:31 -0600

Hi,

I've made some changes to the english.inc.php language file to allow for synonym
substitution for "test" and "subject".

In other words, you may know someone who would enjoy the many benefits of
phpTest but who may wish to name things a little differently to more closely
match the terminology used in their respective fields.  For example, "test"
could be referred to as "quiz, assessment, exercise, exam" etc, while "subject"
could be changed to "topic, skill, category, competency", and so forth.  I have
forwarded the files to Brandon Tallent, the phpTest author, for inclusion in a
later release together with some ideas on configuration.  For now, what you can
do is to include some definitions in h.inc.php file.  Only 4 entries are
necessary to globally change "test" and "subject" to their synonyms, but the
temporary change requires 8 to satisfy capitalization grammar.  There are no
doubt several ways to do this, (see the Perl acronum "TIMTOWTDI"), but this is
one way that may work for you.

The mechanism changes not only the menu names, but also changes all appropriate
occurrances in the help messages and screen column headings.

I have made another change to the admin menus that reflects grouping and order
of items.

send me a msg if you would like a copy of these files -- zipped.  I guess I
could tar and gzip them up too if you needed that

John