phptest-devel

[Phptest-devel] PHP Safe-Mode Problem?

From: Mutlu Cakirca
Subject: [Phptest-devel] PHP Safe-Mode Problem?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:07:15 CEST

Hello,

-
first of all sorry for mistakes, english is not my native language
-

i have just installed phpTest (V. 0.6.0) and get error messages.

1. i configured phptest and logged in as "admin" and changed password for
"admin".

2. if i click on "Add skill level", enter something in "Enter a name for this
skill level:"-field and click the "submit!"-button, the same page appears -
without any change. Also the word "hello" appears between the blue "Enter a
name ..."-field and the yellow online-help-field. Source HTML Code:

----
<!-- right page -->

<!-- end header.inc.php -->
hello<div class="form">
<form method="post" action="/add_skill.php" enctype="">
----

if i do enter nothing (let field blank) in the "Enter a name .."-field, i get
the same result. I mean i dont get an error message.
Therefore im gone to "add_skill.php" line 26 and changed :

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['submit'])) {
if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['submit'])) {
Now i am able to add, edit and delete skills.

3. i created a new skill "new_skill"
4. i created a new group "new_group"
5. i created a new user with name "new_teacher", which belongs to group
"new_group", which has permissions in skill level "new_skill", which has
permission in groups "new_group". The Checkbox "Check box for admin
privildeges" is NOT checked.

6. i logout and login as "new_teacher"
7. i created a new user with name "new_tester", which belongs to group
"new_group". All other is NOT checked.

8. i logout and login as "new_tester".
9. Now i am able to see the following links on the left navigation bar:

Change password
View test results
Log out

--

Addition

Add test

Add multipe choice question
Add true/false question

Add user

--

View/Editing

View / edit questions
View / edit tests
View / edit users

10. Now if i click on the links other than "Change Password", "View test
results" and "Log out" i get the normal page but above these error messages:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
in /domain.com/subs/test/include/functions.inc.php on line 312

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
in /domain.com/mcbir.de/subs/test/include/functions.inc.php on line 218

and similar error messages if i click to other links.

i have tried phptest in "http://phptest.initsoft.com/"; and know that it should
not show me other links than "Change Password", "View test results" and "Log
out" if i log in with a user configured like "new_tester".

---------

My Webhoster has PHP Safe Mode enabled. Could it be the reason for the errors?
Configuration:
mysql  Ver 11.16 Distrib 3.23.49
PHP Version 4.1.2, safe_mode: On
Linux