phptest-devel

Re: [Phptest-devel] File upload bug

From: John Lacey
Subject: Re: [Phptest-devel] File upload bug
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:16:19 -0600

Hi Brandon,

I've been following the troubleshooting posts with Kathleen
Ferraro off and on, even though that problem is not File
Uploading per se, but browser issues it seems.  I was more
interested in your troubleshooting style for future
reference when I'm helping someone out.  I've done beaucoup
troubleshooting, with print statements, remote dial-in, dbg,
protocol analyzers, etc.   As a matter of fact I will
probably run the Ethereal analyzer on my home LAN when I
test for certain conditions.  I checked out the entries
concerning File Upload problems on bugs.php.net.  There
seems to be several variables that come into play to cause
the operation to be hosed.  It sounds like it might be good
to document the caveats in the user docs under an Uploading
Files section, after the dust settles from the work you're
doing with the cvs snapshot.  Dumb question -- how stable is
the snapshot?

On another note, I've been collecting information and doing
research on coding for php security and dropping it in a
folder for when I start working on the code.   I've been
busy as hell this month.

thanks for the update,
John