Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Postgres: poor performance...

From: Marco Gaiarin
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-users] Postgres: poor performance...
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:58:25 +0200

Mandi! Dave Hall
  In chel di` si favelave...

> It is a geenral problem with the addressbook.  There was a script
> floating around at some point to add the indexes to the contacts tables
> for MySQL.  I tried googling for it and couldn't find it.  I know it
> does really boost performance.

I'm a bit astonished. For some really simple tasks (mass-modification
of addresses, eg) assressbook are rather unusable.
The only option are dump to paper or spreadsheet all the addresses and
use the 'find' options to restrict addresses query, or limit the number
of addresses to something big (100/200) and use 'open in new tab' to
modify them.

> Adding indexes to any field which is used in a where clause should help
> performance.  I know caching data is important and it is something we
> should look at more in HEAD.

Really all here use addresbook in this way? I doubt...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                 GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/