[phpGroupWare-users] Re: Database Config Issue

From: K Black
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Database Config Issue
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:07:11 -0700 (MST)

I get no errors from apache. And I am sure apache is logging too ;)

Whenever I go to the /groupware/setup directory, it prompts me that it cannot
connect to the database, and asks for the root info. I put it in, and it seems
to work as it outputs the following (but then when I try the configuration
setup url again I get the exact same 'database' fatal error)

Step 1 - Simple Application Management
   Create Database
At your request, this script is going to attempt to create the database and
assign the db user rights to it
 Table Change Messages
 Status
If you did not receive any errors, your applications have been created

  Mysql logs the following error:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider
upgrading MySQL client

My version is brand new, and is as follows.

mysqladmin -u root -p version;
Enter password:
mysqladmin  Ver 8.41 Distrib 4.1.7, for pc-linux on i686
Copyright (C) 2000 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX DataKonsult AB
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Server version          5.0.27-standard-log
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /tmp/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 3 days 23 hours 8 min 14 sec

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org