[phpGroupWare-users] Re: Calendar VERY slow!

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Calendar VERY slow!
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 01:44:17 -0700 (MST)

Roughly 15 active accounts, one for each lab.

Concurrent users:  not many at all, maybe 3-4, no-one is using it until I fix
the speed issue.   It's currently 4:30am on Saturday morning, I'm the only one
that's on phpGW, and it's slow loading the calendar.

SQL accounts.

Holidays load from localhost.  I just tried changing it to load from
phpgroupware.org and there was no change.

Hard to say if anything changed around the time of the slowdown.  I loaded it
over the summer and all was fine, told the teachers about it and I went on my
way.  Then I hear from them about a month ago that it's slow, so I don't know
exactly when the slowdown occurred.  Best I can say is sometime between the
beginning of August and the beginning of October.

 :d Well, as a last-minute thought before posting this, I tried turning off
"autoload calendar holidays files dynamically", now the calendar pops right up.

We don't really need the holidays since it's being used as a lab scheduling
calendar, so I'll likely leave the autoload off, but out of curiousity, any
idea why that would cause the slowdown, especially since I have it set to load
from localhost?

Thanx
Andy

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ http://forums.phpGroupWare.org