[phpGroupWare-users] Calendar VERY slow!

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Calendar VERY slow!
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:10:04 -0700 (MST)

Have been testing phpGW for quite a few months now, all seemed fine.  Now, the
calendar is VERY VERY slow...  the rest of the application runs fine and quick,
but when going to the calendar it takes roughly 1-2 minutes to load, 1-2
minutes for any edits, etc.  I cannot give an exact date when this started.  I
do know that I installed it over the summer, and all was fine, as far as I can
remember.

We're using the calendar to schedule lab times in the schools, each ;ab has
it's own account/calendar, and when you log into a lab's account, the calendar
is brought up as the main page.  The teachers do not have the patience to wait
1-2 minutes per step, and therefore are not using it and are demanding that I
either fix the problem or use something else. :cry:

The web server is fine, there are roughly 10 other sites/applications, most of
which are using the same MySQL database and they are run fine, the server load
it very low, it has plenty of memory, Gig NICs, etc.   Since the rest of phpGW
runs fine, I'm thinking it must be something in the calendar code.

I'm running 0.9.16.011, (ran a CVS update to make sure I had the latest code),
Apache 2.2.2, PHP 5.1.4 (I've added the PHP5 'fix' line to the header file,
MySQL 5.0.22, and Fedora 5.

Any help/info would be GREATLY appreciated!Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @
http://forums.phpGroupWare.org