Re: [Phpgroupware-users] little wish list entry

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] little wish list entry
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:53:19 -0600

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:16:26 -0000, Matt <address@hidden> wrote:
> Would it not be simple enough to add class="someclassname" to each html
> element so that a simple CSS could provide the style.

css themes are schedualed for .18

> The login system appears to be a detect is logged in and a form followed by
> a response PHP... so correct me if I am wrong but the login box could be (or
> maybe is) separated into it's own file.  Now one could easily call that box
> into another PHP file via require("loginbox.php") or whatever the syntax is
> (it escapes me this morning).  This would allow public site integration of
> the system if desired.

the login screen is a template file, you can even set t to iDots, or
any other template that has its own login.tpl, via a little
header.inc.php edit to look like:
http://webmail.free-source.com/phpgw16/

> On this front does any one know how the user authentication API are exposed
> and how to use them?  If this was available then developer inclined persons
> would be able to integrate other projects with the system for greater
> cohesion.

it's class, you can jump start a phpgw session without the phpgw gui like this:
$phpgw_info = array();
                                 $GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['flags'] =
array(
       'noheader' => True,
                                        'nonavbar' => True,

  'disable_Template_class' => True,
                                   'currentapp' => 'fsasp',

'nocachecontrol' => True,
                                 'noapi' => True
                                                          );
include('/path/to/your/header.inc.php');
$GLOBALS['phpgw']->sessions = createObject('phpgwapi.sessions');
$GLOBALS['sessionid'] =
$GLOBALS['phpgw']->session->create($login,$passwd,'passwd_type');

and go to town
for more detailed answers join the developers list :)

> Behalf Of Dirk H. Schulz
> since I installed a fresh, new 0.9.16.005 I am looking deeply into phpgw
> again and find lots of new things that had not been in 0.9.12 (last I
> looked deep into). :-)

.12 is almost a whole nother program :)

> Now I can even change colours on the login screen - great! But I am missing
> two features: getting rid of the blue frame of the login field (looks ugly
> if you change everything to warm colours), and the background colour of the
> login field is always grey.

you could just edit the login.tpl in /phpgwapi/templates/default/.
but in .18 the themes will be all CSS and it could be possible to do
this with just a theme.