[Phpgroupware-users] more work less dot dot dot

From: Matt
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] more work less dot dot dot
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:26:36 -0000

yes I often have something worthwhile to say.

However I find digression from talk that will solve anything a poor use of
time.  I have no-ware near enough time as it is.

"Please check your facts before making assumptions and accusations, unless
you do want to be considered an idiot." is not exactly gracious and has all
the ingredients for a shouting match to blow-up.  While the attitude exposed
by such words is not overtly damaging unchecked there is potential for
bitterness.  Already I see a silent psudo-war between PGW and EGW.  Such a
PGW v EGW can only hurt the evolution of the software and drive aware
developers who might pick-up on these under currents.

I would very much like to see PGW do very well and complete some of that
evolving the OSI go on about.  We all need to develop the understanding that
we are not going to loose something if we contribute.  While we  mentally
acknowledge that we are striving for a win-win situation I see our attitude
lean toward a failure of that understanding to reach as far as our
understanding.

When we create solutions we make them available to everyone.  EGW might take
all that work and add it to their own and that is good and to be encouraged.

Maybe other people wont like what has been made and that is ok too.

Maybe some people will write extra MODs / Hacks etc for our code and
distribute them as well.  This is to be encouraged.

For as long as being right or wanting to shut out EGW or needing to beat
anyone to anything is more important than creating code that anyone can use
what is created will be like the Microsoft empire full of fear, doubt and
uncertainty with clouds of action and no real motion.

What is important is the creation of solutions.  Anyone, anything that
creates problems is unwelcome.  We are in the business of improving the
world by giving it something of worth.

If we can find our inspiration in the work of others then let us find that
inspiration.  If we can inspire others then let us inspire.

To do otherwise is to settle for being mediocre and second class and I have
no intention of being such a looser.

In that vein are any of the readers aware of XOOPS I would like to hear how
well there model and ours might compliment each other.