[Phpgroupware-users] wiki issues

From: Marc Grober
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] wiki issues
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:10:51 -0900

Brian Johnson wrote:

> Comments about wiki's ..
> 1. there IS a tag based mark up system .. the first page of the wiki has links
> to info

Actually I looked at the info on formating available (both links to
wiki.dotgnu.org  do
not work and I used the primitives to mark up the URLs as not functioning) and
it looked
like there was a way to format, but being it was very limited and was not what
I would
call tag based, though I suppose primitives like === could be called  a tag...
and there
are some issues in their use, such as the stricken text feature......

> 2. you make a big assumption that the final format will be oo.org (and not
> html, docbook, ascii, mscrap, etc., or a combination)

I think you could call it conjecture based upon prior postings here

> 3. I haven't seen anything as easy for users to use (combination of no setup
> on their hardware and limited editing skills required) for large numbers of
> contributors while maintaining version control

there is a cost associated with everything.....

but none of that addresses the question of whether the wiki should contain html
mark-up
or not,  nor does it address how documentation will be moved from the wiki to
some other
form, if that is the intent.