[Phpgroupware-users] Problems with mail and quotas

From: Simon Ward
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems with mail and quotas
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:45:03 +0100

Hi all,
I'm having some problems with a newly installed phpgroupware (0.9.16.000-1-1 (Debian)) setup :

*When I attempt to view email I get this error :

There was an error trying to connect to your mail server.
Please, check your username and password, or contact your admin.

source: email class.mail_msg_base.inc.php

called from: , mail_msg: ensure_stream_and_folder(), called_from: from mail_msg_base: loginerr_tryagain_buggy_cert FOR , msg_bootstrap: ensure_mail_msg_exists(), called_by: email.boindex.index_data LINE 353

imap_last_error: [No error returned from server]
tried RH bug recovery?: [1]

*I have been through the email settings page and filled out the correct custom settings for this test account but when I return to the page again the settings have returned to the defaults and disabled the custom settings. I'm using Courier IMAP as the mail server.

In the filemanager none of the icons for folder up etc are appearing, I'm simply seeing red 'X's instead. It also seems that the quota settings are not being picked up as the filemanager module is reverting to a 4k quota. From searching the mailing list archives I see that there is supposed to be a setting for quotas in the user account section, this doesn't appear either.

Can anyone give me some pointers on why this is happening, I've reset the permissions on the entire phpgroupware folder to 777 in case this was a permissions issue but that had no effect.

I've also updated to the most recent CVS version, but that hasn't had any effect.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Simon Ward