Re: [Phpgroupware-users] addresbook entries disappear

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] addresbook entries disappear
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 19:26:52 +0000

Brian Johnson (address@hidden) wrote:
> This will show the addresses linked to a contact.  Look to make sure at least
> one of them is marked with "Y" in the preferred field.  I have tried setting
> them all to "Y" with an update stsrement and it seems to take the first one in
> the db as preferred in that case.

the first one in the result set that is, and unless there's an order by on a
identiy/autoincrement field that address will change over time as teh data is
changed in teh table.  A rule to make sure that there is only one Y per
contact would be nice.  Of course, i'm sure the code does that, this is just
people mucking around in the database without understanding/caring about the
pitfalls.