RE: [Phpgroupware-users] New Users and Calendar questions

From: Don Graver (dgraver)
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] New Users and Calendar questions
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:48:21 -0000

See below:

Maybe I have an older version, but the group id is stored in the
phpgw_cal_user database.  It doesn't distinguish in anyway user ids from
group ids in the table, but the group id is definitely stored.

>> As for Brian's response about every user wants to know the status of
>> what people are attending an event via email, I would think that is
>> the reason for the the "Participants" field when a user views an
>> event.
>>

>I'd didn't say every, I said some.  If we do away with the
>current action, you can bet there will be someone wanting us
>to change it back.  So anything you change should be provided
>as a user option that can be selected or not.

Ahh...the fun of trying to please everyone :-)

>> I was also wondering if there is a way to shut down a site quickly?
>> In other words lock out all users except for maybe admin, or
>block all
>> IP addresses except certain ones.  I know I can do the ip address
>> through an htaccess, but was curious if it is implemented anywhere
>> else.
>
>I see in the user admin pages that you can set an account as
>inactive.  If you figure out what that does to the db tables,
>you could write a script to do that using sql.

Looks to be account_status set to 'A' in the table phpgw_accounts
indicates an active account.  Easy enough to write a quick query
statement.