RE: [Phpgroupware-users] New Users and Calendar questions

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-users] New Users and Calendar questions
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:42:52 +0000

What I question, is whether that need is the same for everyone.   For
instance, in our office setting, I might want to know who else is coming since
that might dictate the agenda on the meeting.  Not only would I want to know
if I am the meeting coordinator, but I would wwant to know as a regular
meeting attendee.

So such a feature that you request, should be optional.  The best place for
that feature is likely the user preferences.

For you use, perhaps the rbs (resource booking system) is more in line with
what you want.  It currently seems to only work with mysql but a quick look at
the code made me think it could be made to work with all phpgw dbs fairly
easily (although the devs here would consider the code too messy to spend any
time on)