[Phpgroupware-users] Re: problems with preferences

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: problems with preferences
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:53:25 -0400

after trying to debug this, it turned out that there were two
unrelated problems, one homegrown.

address@hidden a écrit:

> We found a problem in a phpgw install of 0.9.14.508. I upgraded with
> CVS to 0.9.14.509 and it is still there (together with new problems
> due to the failed update of the contacts :-( ):
>
> When a user tries to change his settings, he sees the following
> warnings:
>
> Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in
> /usr/local/www/phpgroupware.src/phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php on line 666
>
> Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
> /usr/local/www/phpgroupware.src/preferences/inc/hook_settings.inc.php on line
> 21

This seems due to empty directories phpgwai/templates/*/css, that were
probably removed from CVS lately, and since my install is linked with
lndir to the source tree, the directories accidently kept alive in the
install directory.

> And when he tries to change a setting, it seems to be set on the first
> page that comes back, but it falls back to the default again on the

After resolving the first problem, this one remained. I think it is
related to a bug in function verify_basic_settings() in class
phpgwapi.preferences. It seems to be responsible for deleting a user's
preferences. the problem goes away if I add the line
$this->read_repository();
at the beginning of the function. The situation seems similar to the
problem I had identified in [bug #1352]

Michael