Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: problems with preferences

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Re: problems with preferences
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:37:17 +1000

address@hidden wrote:

> after trying to debug this, it turned out that there were two
> unrelated problems, one homegrown.
>
> address@hidden a écrit:
>
> > We found a problem in a phpgw install of 0.9.14.508. I upgraded with
> > CVS to 0.9.14.509 and it is still there (together with new problems
> > due to the failed update of the contacts :-( ):

Yeah the contacts backend does have some issues.  We are working hard on
getting them fixed.

Just a reminder to everyone who is considering testing 16RC1 - it is not
production ready.  Use a cvs update atleast daily, and there is a lot of
activity.  Before reporting a bug run a cvs update to verify that is
still present, also please check that the bug isn't already logged.  We
don't mind comments on exisiting bugs, but it is a little boring closing
duplicate bugs :)

> > When a user tries to change his settings, he sees the following
> > warnings:
> >
> > Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in
> /usr/local/www/phpgroupware.src/phpgwapi/inc/class.common.inc.php on
line 666

> > Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
> /usr/local/www/phpgroupware.src/preferences/inc/hook_settings.inc.php
on line 21

> This seems due to empty directories phpgwai/templates/*/css, that were
> probably removed from CVS lately, and since my install is linked with
> lndir to the source tree, the directories accidently kept alive in the
> install directory.

Which version is this? 0.9.16 only uses phpgwapi/templates/idots/css,
HEAD uses css for each tpl set.

> > And when he tries to change a setting, it seems to be set on the
> first> page that comes back, but it falls back to the default again
> on the
>
> After resolving the first problem, this one remained. I think it is
> related to a bug in function verify_basic_settings() in class
> phpgwapi.preferences. It seems to be responsible for deleting a user's
> preferences. the problem goes away if I add the line
> $this->read_repository();
> at the beginning of the function. The situation seems similar to the
> problem I had identified in [bug #1352]

Ok, can you log it on the tracker and we will look at it.  Sorry, but
there are too many bugs in 16RC1 for us to remember them all.  If they
are on the tracker we get reminded :)

Cheers

Dave