Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Outlook Calendar Interoperability (Automatic Fr

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Outlook Calendar Interoperability (Automatic Free/Busy Publishing)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:12:38 +0000 (GMT)

Brian Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

> My $0.02:
>
> Option 1 (easiest): open a browser, log onto phpgw, and look

I would suggest this - but the subject was "Outlook Calendar
Interoperability"

> Option 2 (still easy but might be some resistance from users): open
> a browser, log
> onto phpgw, and look.  Also, use phpgw as your own event storage

See 1 :)

> Option 3: check out the hamoa outlook to phpgw sync app to see if
> it's suitable

An option if you want to use non free software

> Ooption 4: doesn't outlook support ODBC connections?  Write ODBC
> SELECT queries to
> update someone's calendar each time they log in (pita and ACL will
> have to be
> manually implemented)

This is possible, but difficult to manage ACLs, and do you really want
the db to be open to everyone on the LAN?

> Option 5: look into the phpgw xmlrpc interface

I think this is good idea.  Manic started doing to some work with python
clients for phpgw hooking into LookOut.

btw I do plan on working LookOut sync as part of the general sync
interface.  I will be working on this when I return to .au

Another option - run a regular cron job, dump each user's calendar as
iCal file into webDAV and have LookOut read it from there as a
subscribed calendar.  Of course this is read only, which is what you say
you want.  This should only require minimal work on the phpgw side :)

Cheers

Dave

Cheers

Dave