Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Calendar Perms

From: BOYER PASCAL
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Calendar Perms
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:09:59 +0200

very very bad new !!!! :-(

http://www2.europarl.eu.int/omk/sipade2?PUBREF=

The Legal Affairs Committee gave strong backing on Tuesday to proposed EU-wide rules for the patentability of computer-implemented inventions. The committee's first-reading report, drafted by Arlene McCARTHY (PES, UK), was adopted by 20 votes to 8 with 1 abstention.

Computer-implemented inventions do not cover computer software programs as such, but only devices like mobile phones, intelligent household appliances, engine control devices, machine tools and computer program related inventions.

While approving the general idea of patentability for computerised inventions, the committee adopted a range of amendments seeking to clarify and tighten up the wording of the Commission's proposed directive and at the same time strike a balance between MEPs' sharply differing views.

The committee says that, in order to be patentable, a computerised invention should be one that could have an industrial application. It must also involve a technologically inventive step. MEPs also argue that a computerised invention should not be regarded as making a technical contribution just because it involves the use of computer technology. In other words, patents must not be allowed for every simple computer program.

The Commission is asked to produce a report at a future date on how the new directive has been taken into account by the European Patent Office and also to assess whether the European Patent Convention might have to be revised.

Other amendments seek to protect the interests of SMEs, saying the Commission must monitor the impact on these firms of the patentability of computerised inventions.

17.06.2003 Committee on Legal Affairs and the Internal Market
In the chair: Giuseppe GARGANI (EPP-ED, I)
Procedure: Co-decision, first reading
Plenary vote: July, Strasbourg

Press enquiries:
Nikolaos Tziorkas - tel. (32-2) 28 42341
e-mail: address@hidden

Concernig the config.inc.php file, I'm sory!!! I have make a confusion with phpmyadmin !!!!

But where can I set cookie based sessions ?

Chris Weiss wrote:
it's header.inc.php and it's not there.  the setting has been in /setup config
step2
 since at least .14, maybe before.

I don't understand!!! where is the config.inc.php file which was in the
phpgroupware directory in the 0.9.14 version and which is missing in the
0.9.16 version !!!!

In this file there was this line:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'config';    // Authentication
method (config, http or cookie based)?

Pascal -- France