Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Link between 2 phpgw

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Link between 2 phpgw
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:04:18 +1200

Hi Sam

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:16, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have two phpgw on two different area but connected via VPN IPsec
> (FreeS/WAN) on ADSL and we want to know if it's possible to share somes
> resources as addresses book, calendars, or groups and users and acl between
> each sites.
>
> What can we do with the "Peers servers" feature in admin menu ?

AFAIK the peer servers feature in the admin menu does very little at this
stage.  It is a feature that we currently have quite a bit of interest in
(from our clients) and so we have been building a spec for the implementation
of it on the phpgw wiki.
(http://www.phpgroupware.org/devteam/wiki/index.php?page=PeerServers)

We are looking to implement peer servers asap and are hoping to get started on
it next month.  To be relistic though it probably wont be stable and released
until the 1.0 release.

If you are any way able to contribute to the development of it through code
then let me know ... or .... if you can contribute financially to the
development of it please check out the sponsored development program on the
wiki.
(http://www.phpgroupware.org/devteam/wiki/index.php?page=SponsoredDevelopment)

David Kelly
Zeald Ltd