Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Japanese Language Viewing

From: Guillaume Courtois
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Japanese Language Viewing
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:26:12 +0000

>I setup phpGroupWare 0.9.14.003, on a server that has both English and
>Japanese version PC's.  It is working good for the English PC's, but when
>the Japanese computers open it in IE (with their default language set to
>Japanese), they do not get Japanese characters, but a lot of ASCII special
>characters.
>
>Is there some setup change I need to make to enable the Japanese language
>translation?

You have to install japanese language in setup.

Then each user who wants to have japanese must change his setting in
preferences.

Then when it's translated you should see the translated phrase, when it's not
you
should see the english phrase with an asterisk (*) (so maybe ASCII special
characters in your case ?)

Then if you make more translations, please post them to savannah as a patch so
it
will be available in next version !

Once these changes are done, if you still have problems, please let us know to
help
us improve this. Specially, the charset management is changed in 0.9.16 version
which will be out soon ...

Bye.