Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Forced Preferences

From: Daryl L. L. Houston
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Forced Preferences
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:58:06 -0400

I'm all set up now.  I redownloaded src from 9.16, making sure I wasn't
accidentally just grabbing HEAD code.  To add forced prefs to projects, I
then did the following:

1. I created /projects/inc/hook_settings.inc.php and added code to generate
the form controls that govern the preference settings.  This is covered in
the wiki.

2. In /projects/inc/hook_preferences.inc.php, I changed the Preferences link
from the old one to /preferences/preferences.php?appname=projects.

3. In /projects/setup/setup.inc.php, I made sure I had added "settings" as an
element in the $setup_info['projects']['hooks'] array.

4. I then ran the "Find and Register All Application Hooks" utility in the
admin tool.

Voila, it all worked as desired.  Thanks again for providing tips.  As for
folding my code back into the source, I've made a note of the routine and
will be sure to follow it.