Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Forced Preferences

From: Daryl L. L. Houston
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Forced Preferences
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:01:16 -0400

Hmmm, still can't get this working.  I read the wiki last week and wasn't able
to make this work after acquiring what I believe may be a good understanding
of how it *should* work.  Namely: You should have a file called hook_settings
in which you define the form controls that are to be governed with default or
forced values.  I've created a couple of these (notes and todo didn't have
them, incidentally) with no good results.

To clarify, the tabs for the three tiers of prefs appear and highlight
appropriately, but they don't pass their values to the actual prefs
applications, and when I make changes to the prefs that should affect all
users, the changes do not take.  I understand that this officially isn't
working in calendar in 9.14 yet.  It appears that it's not working in todo or
notes either.  If anybody's got it working in these apps and wouldn't mind
letting me know which versions of the apps they've got, I'll make sure I've
got the same versions and give it another shot.

I'll try tomorrow to grab 9.16.  I suspect that I found myself in HEAD and
acquired xslt files by accident while in there.  Thanks again for the
response.