Re: [Phpgroupware-users] New documents...

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] New documents...
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 21:11:05 -0700

On Saturday 05 Apr 2003 3:57 am, you wrote:
> > Thanks for updating the links Ralf. Everything works great.  You never
> > did answer how one goes about getting a user account at the phpgroupware
> > site?
>
> Thats what I wrote in my the last reply:
>
> You cant register that yourself, we have to create an account for you.
> We  monitore your progress on the LDAP HowTo and will decide when its
> finished.

Understood.  Sorry, I didn't get this message or your last one until now! :(
I think something must have happened to one of my ISPs servers.  It would
explain the strange errors I was getting intermittently from the cron job
fetching my mail.  Thanks for your replies.

> > I'm assuming you'll find a home for the charts I'm working on at some
> > point? If you or anyone else has details they can provide for missing
> > data, or other improvements, please do add them.  I'll work on providing
> > details I know as time permits, but there are many things I don't know.
>
> Will we integrate helptexts in the setup-program, like I already did it
> for the user-preferences (have a look at the .16 demo
> http://www.phpgroupware.org/demo16/ ).

Haven't seen it yet.  I'll take a peek.... Ooh, Excellent! :)  Very nice job.
I can see we wont need a config chart like I've built in future versions.
Very nice! :)  Are you doing the same for the header.inc.php files?

> > Also, I don't think it really makes sense to start a second LDAP howto.
> > If you have something to add, I'd prefer you added it to the one I've
> > started. If you don't like something, let me know or change it yourself.
> > That's what wikis are for.  My interest is in creating quality documents
> > for the benefit of sysadmins who need them.  I think we should work
> > together with other interested parties to accomplish this common goal.
>
> I never intended to start a second LDAP HowTo. I need to have a document
> in our Wiki and I dont have the time to copy your content every day. If
> it is finished and (ap)proved, I will copy it to our wiki (and you will
> be credited of cause).

Sorry again.  I was a little frustrated by your apparent lack of response and
surprised by what looked like the start of a document that would make mine
redundant.  I know now that it was a delivery issue and I wasn't being
snubbed :)  I'll try not to jump to conclusions in the future.    Now that
I've learned how to use IRC (Never had a need before), I have another way to
track you down if needed.

Dave explained your approval requirement to me earlier.  I'll continue working
on it as time permits and knowledge is gained.  I'm also working on a few
other document ideas.

...Izzy