[Phpgroupware-users] Re:Re: Sitemgr errors at top of screen

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Re:Re: Sitemgr errors at top of screen
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:57:15 -0500

"Brian Johnson" <address@hidden> a écrit:

>>> I copied the sitemgr-link to the phpgroupware home and left the
> sitemgr-site under
>>> sitemgr.  To use a relative url I had to use ../sitemgr/sitemgr-site
> (ie it is
>>> relative to the sitemgr-link dir, not the sitemgr dir)
>>
>>I am sorry that I cannot follow you here. When you say "use a relative
>>url" what do you mean?
>>- on a page template?
>>- as the content of a page?
>
> I'm talking about the Configure Sitemgr page:
> URL to sitemgr-site
> (The URL can be relative or absolute. Name must end in a slash.)
>
> It is relative to sitemgr-link dir .. not sitemgr dir

i understand now what you mean. When the documentation of the config
value "URL to sitemgr-site" says
"The URL can be relative or absolute. Name must end in a slash." I did
not undersand relative as meaning to relative to a directory, but
relative to your server name, i.e.:
absolute: http://yourdomain.com/path/to/sitemgr-site
relative /path/to/sitemgr-site

This might be abuse of these words, but I suggest to fill in the value
of "URL to sitemgr-site" in this sense. I do not think that using a
relative URL in your sense works, since this value is used in two
different contexts:
- once from sitemgr-link (and here it should be relative to
sitemg-link)
- but also for constructing links inside sitemgr-site (and here it has
to be relative to sitemgr-site.

I will change the help string if there are more appropriate terms
thatn absolute/relative.

Michael