Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Database migration from mySQL to PostgreSQL

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Database migration from mySQL to PostgreSQL
Date: 17 Feb 2003 10:21:34 -0600

Yes.... ive made this change....its very easy:

0.- PLAN FOR IT TO GO WRONG. Mine stabilized in about a week, but it was
old versions of phpgw, pgsql and mysql.

1.- Get the schema created in a clean database by normally installing
phpgw over pgsql

2.- Mysql Dump your stuff in something as close to plain SQL as you can.
This means try and make it all single quoted, clear, case sensitive
inserts.

3.- psql databse < dump

4.- Fix transitional errors

5.- Test like a mofo

6.- BEWARE.... pgsql 7.2 works fine as-is, pgsql 7.3 however has some
issues that can be resolved by patching phpgw. Im shure someone here
will let you know where the patches are (i use debian woody so im in
confortably old pgsql versions)