Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Database migration from mySQL to PostgreSQL

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Database migration from mySQL to PostgreSQL
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:04:17 +0000

Koller Daniel (address@hidden) wrote*:
>My question is now, whether in the field of users there is some experience
present, regarding
>- switching from mySQL to PostgreSQL, and more in general,

Technicaly, you should be able to do a structure and data dump of the databse
from
mysql and run the resulting script on pg to restore it there.  you will most
likely
have to do som editing on the sql dump for datatypes and index syntax and such,
but
i'm not that familiar with pg.

>- building up a phpgw-system from a database dump.

I have done this for mysql to mysql, not a problem at all.  Just edit the
header if
the username and password or any paths changed and enter setup to verify the
config
settings.