Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Upgrading a Debian install

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Upgrading a Debian install
Date: 17 Jan 2003 13:27:51 -0600

Sorry,

I dont think we have an actual upgrade path from packages other than
waiting for a repackaging of the current stable version.

Now, it isnt hard to go through the cvs process, especially if youre in
debian:

1.- apt-get install cvs (dont enable pserver when debconf ask about it)
2.- GO download the latest tarball of phpgw
3.- Decompress your new phpgw tarball in the directory where YOU wish
phpgw top be
4.- cd into/your/directory/for/phpgw
5.- cvs -z3 update -r Version-0_9_14-branch

Wait until updated
Then go to http://your.phpgw/url/setup and configure witht he forms you
see there....its dead easy. In the database name, user and passowrd, use
what you have for your current phpgw.
Boom, after youve configured properly phpgw, you will be ready to go
with a brand new phpgw, same database.