[Phpgroupware-users] Upgrading a Debian install

From: Matthew Baltera
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Upgrading a Debian install
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:31:06 +0000

What is the easiest way to upgrade a phpgroupware install. I did an apt-get
install
phpgroupware as well as the addition packages I wanted ( address book,
bookmarks,
weather etc.) When I login it tells me that their is a new version of
phpgroupware
out there. So, my plan was to download the lastest tar and just uncompress it
over
the top of the existing phpgroupware directory. No luck. So I decided to start
loking into CVS, which I know nothing about. What is the recommended way to
upgrade? Does anyone have a differnet way of doing it? Is it possible to untar
over
the top of an existing directory?

Thanks for listening to a newbie...