Re: [Phpgroupware-users] URL resolution

From: Des Dougan
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] URL resolution
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:54:48 -0700

At 21:55 15/10/2002, I wrote:
I use ww2 instead of www in those circumstances. Normally, this works fine (e.g. with PostNuke). However, with phpGW, I noticed that when trying to login, the login failed because it was trying to display www instead of ww2 after I entered ID and password. I assume this is because of a configuration decision in phpGW. Is there any way to resolve this in a straightforward way (i.e. without hacking code)?

I've been doing some more digging into this, and it seems to me that anyone whose ISP blocks port 80 and who is therefore redirecting web traffic to a different port is going to have difficulties with phpGW as configured.

I have 4 applications on my server which use SSL - IMP webmail, phpMyAdmin, PostNuke and phpGroupWare. The first three all resolve correctly when I access from off-site, rendering the URL correctly. phpGW seems to have an absolute setting of "www.mydomain.com" hard coded somewhere so that, if I point to "ww2.mydomain.com/pgw", I correctly see the login page, but when completing that and attempting to login, I can see that the browser is no longer trying to render "ww2", but "www" instead, and failing.

I am using ZoneEdit's Web Forward feature to handle the redirects to the alternate port.

I am now stuck, as I can't demonstrate phpGW to a potential client. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who understands Apache better than I do - especially if there's another way to do this. I'd also appreciate if one of the developers would comment whether I'm off-base, or if the design is causing this.

Thanks,

Des Dougan