Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems ??? 0.9.13.018 using PHP 4.2.1 with re

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems ??? 0.9.13.018 using PHP 4.2.1 with register_globals=OFF
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:45:18 +1000

Chris Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> Dave Hall (address@hidden) wrote*:
> >I *think* the next release will handle this better.  I would not
> >recommend running any of the .14RCx s with register globals off
>
> For phpgw to work all POST/GET vars will have to retrieved through
> $HTTP_POST_VARS[]/$HTTP_GET_VARS[].  A routine could be written,
> at a cost of
> performance, that would automatically convert the $HTTP_*_VARS to
> gloabls,but that would completly defeat the purpose of running
> with register_globals
> off.

I agree this does defeat the purpose, but ... the is something better in
the next release.

Once again i am going from memory, but there is a new method in the
common class(?) called register_var (or something).  It checks the
$HTTP_*_VARS (GET/POST/COOKIE in that order) for the named variable and
registers it in the $GLOBALS array.

Just thought people might be interested

Cheers

skwashd