Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems ??? 0.9.13.018 using PHP 4.2.1 with re

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Problems ??? 0.9.13.018 using PHP 4.2.1 with register_globals=OFF
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:16:50 +0000

Agreed.

Dave Hall (address@hidden) wrote*:
>I *think* the next release will handle this better.  I would not
>recommend running any of the .14RCx s with register globals off

For phpgw to work all POST/GET vars will have to retrieved through
$HTTP_POST_VARS[]/$HTTP_GET_VARS[].  A routine could be written, at a cost of
performance, that would automatically convert the $HTTP_*_VARS to gloabls,
but that would completly defeat the purpose of running with register_globals
off.