[Phpgroupware-users] Help with Performance Issues

From: Paul Kilian
Subject: [Phpgroupware-users] Help with Performance Issues
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:53:54 -0700

I have been using phpGroupware for about a year now.  I am starting to add
users to the system and have been noticing that the response time is getting
pretty slow.  I am running phpGroupware on a 450 mhz Compaq Proliant with 384
MB of memory.  I have about 50 people using the calendar only feature of the
software and at any one time maybe 5 or 6 of them are actively adding
appointments.

When I look at processor utilization, it rarely runs above 10% so I'm thinking
that going to a faster processor won't help much.  I'm using PHP 4.0.6, Apache
1.3.20, mySQL 3.23.41 and Red Hat 7.2.

During the setup process, there are alot of questions about type of
authentication (I'm using SQL) and caching phpgroupware info array (set to Yes
for me).

Can someone help me with setting these options to achieve the best performance
on the system?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul Kilian